Twitter is scheduled to be offline tomorrow from 10am-10pm PST – 12 whole hours. That is a half a day folks! What are hardcore Twitter addicts to do with their time? Here are seven things that certainly won’t replace the Twitter experience but are sure to help you get through the downtime.
1. Enjoy the Outdoors – Yes, the outdoors – you know, the place where your computer is not. The outdoors provides access to God’s wonderful nature, clean air (for some maybe), nice temperatures (again for some) and the opportunity to do a multitude of things.
2. Go To the Movies – Heck, go to two or three. Twitter will be down for most the day so take the opportunity to see all those movies you have been putting off.
3. Get Christmas Shopping Done – It is about ten days away. I know, you forgot because you have been too busy twittering.
4. Clean Your House – You know it has been neglected. Why? Too busy twittering. As the service will be down most of the day, it might be a good time to clean up some of that mess that surrounds you.
5. Catch Up on Work – You remember work, that stuff you put off because you are too busy twittering. While the service is down, it might be a good time to catch up so you can of course spend time twittering once again when the service is available.
6. Spend Time With Loved Ones – Remember the loved ones – the spouse, the kids, even the pets? If they have to read Twitter to find out what is going on in your life because they are so neglected, tomorrow would be a good opportunity to spend some time with them.
7. Write in a Real Diary – If the items above do not keep your mind off Twitter, then write in a real diary. If it helps, keep entries to 140 characters or less.
Any other things you Twitteraholoics can think of to pass the time when Twitter is down?