Here is a collection of articles that were written prior to having a blog. We have archived them here
because they are just too good to delete. However, we also encourage you to
visit our blog
where we have many,
many additional resourceful articles and write-ups.
- Ten Things To Consider When Going Through a Site Redesign
Site redesign is inevitable. What do you do to retain traffic during this transitional time? Here are ten things to consider for search marketing strategy when going through a web site re-design or
- WebmasterRadio.FM - A Little Something For Everybody
WebmasterRadio is not even two years old and they are already creating a legacy, bringing listeners talk shows on a wide variety of subjects from the perspective of many industry leaders.
- Can't We All Just Get Along? - The Battle Between SEOs and Web Designers
Should all-Flash sites be used in the commercial web? Are there certain sites that can get away with this and what do sites that need search engine traffic do to utilize Flash but at the same time making
sure they are search engine friendly?
- Avoiding Search Engine Penalties or Getting Out From Under Them
This article explores the often discussed issue of getting penalized or banned by a search engine, how to first avoid it and then what you can do if it happens to you.
- The Continual Evolution of Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing has come a long way since it initially arrived on the scene shortly after the birth of search engines. This articles looks at SEM in its infancy and where it has evolved to today.
- Directories: Love ' Em Or Hate 'Em
With the abundance of directories online, are they still beneficial to web marketers? Article explores the benefits directories can provide.
- How To Play In Google's Sandbox
Explores additional marketing strategies that search engine marketers can employ when they find their web sites in the Google sandbox.
- Ingredients of a Search Engine Friendly Site
This article provides some basic fundamentals when designing and employing a web site that will be friendly to the search engines.
- Look Before You Leap - What to Look For and Look Out For When Choosing an SEO/SEM Firm
This article explains the pre-screening process one should undertake before they hire an SEO/SEM firm.
- A Web Directory That Helps You Do, Not Find
An interview conducted by David Wallace of SearchRank with Mordechai Chachamu, founder and creator of the search engine/directory Gimpsy.
- Doorway Pages or Advertising Pages, What Is The Difference?
This article takes a look at how black hat SEOs continue to try to use the flawed doorway page technique to gain high rankings in the search engines.
- The Nightmares of a SEO
This article explores many of the things that can go wrong in a search engine optimization campaign due to the lack of communication between a client and their SEO.
- Proper Directory Submissions - Part I
A detailed tutorial on how to write effective directory listings as well as tips on how to properly submit to the Internet's top directories.
- Proper Directory Submissions - Part II
An exploration of specific submission criteria and instructions for popular directories including Yahoo, Looksmart, The Open Directory, GoGuides.org, JoeAnt, Hotrate, Wherewithal/Xoron and Zeal.
- Traditional Search Engine Optimization VS. Pay Per Click
Article explores search engine optimization (SEO) verses pay per click advertising and which type of marketing will bring more long term value.
- Is Manual (Free) Submission Dead?
Article reviews many manual submission opportunities that still exist on the web and how to get listed in each of the Internet's top search engines and directories.
- Spamming Techniques That You Will Want To Avoid!
Explores many common spamming techniques that the search engines frown upon and advises against practicing them.
- Link Popularity - Does It Really Matter?
Explores what Link Popularity is, why you need it and how to obtain it.
- Why Do I Need To Hire a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Company?
Presents the benefits of hiring a professional search engine optimization company to handle your search engine promotion and positioning projects.