A recent study by Outsell shows that online advertising is now being used by 80% of marketers. Key findings include growth in search engine ad spending, keyword ads are more affective then contextual, Google rated more effective than Yahoo! & MSN and more.
- Search engine ad spending grows 26% in 2006.
- Online marketing is now used by 80% of advertisers, a massive adoption rate not broadly acknowledged. We expect more than 90% adoption by 2008.
- Google is rated more effective than Yahoo! & MSN in keyword ads; and than Yahoo! in contextual ads.
- Total online marketing spending will grow 19% in 2006, 8 times TV/Radio and 6 times print.
- Keyword ads are rated much more effective than contextual placement; we expect contextual / behavioral / search combo to rise.
- Those rating Google extremely effective have 20% smaller total advertising budgets than those rating Yahoo! And MSN extremely effective.