Skitzzo has started a charity meme designed to share link love with posters favorite charities in order to help them improve their rankings in the major search engines. The idea is copy the list of charities of the person who tags you and add five of your own, linking to them using anchor text that is somehow related to their cause.
From Skitzzo’s original post:
…copy the list of charities and links (grab it from whomever tags you) and add your 5 favorite charities or non-profit organizations to the end (link to their sites with anchor text of the causes they champion). Of course finish things off by tagging 5 other webmasters/bloggers and then publishing the post or the webpage.
I’ve been tagged by Andy Beal who listed the following charities:
- American Red Cross – disaster relief
- Raleigh Rescue Mission – homeless raleigh
- SOS Children’s Villages – sponsor a child
- Samaritan’s Purse – emergency relief programs
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital – cancer research
My own list:
- Phoenix Rescue Mission – homeless shelter Phoenix
- Teen Challenge Arizona – help with addictions
- The Crisis Pregnancy Centers – pregnancy counseling
- Serving Our World – care for orphans
- Teen Mania – Christian outreach to teens
And finally the list of those that I’m tagging: