I wrote last week about The SEMMYs, an annual awards event honoring the great content produced across the search and online marketing industry, in which a total of 9 posts from this blog or ones I had published at Search Engine Guide had been nominated in a total of 7 categories. While I felt it was quite an honor to have so many posts nominated, there was still many posts within each category until now where judges have selected the finalists. The good new is that we have had 4 posts selected in 4 separate categories.
Here are the categories as well as the post that won the nomination along with the posts I am competing against.
- How to Lower Your AdWords Minimum Bid by Brad Geddes, eWhisper
- Starting from Scratch: A Paid Search Primer by Ryan Gibson, rkgblog
- Five Common Paid Search Mistakes That Can Sink Your Campaign by Jennifer Laycock, Search Engine Guide
- Optimizing Paid Search & Landing Pages for TV, Radio and Print Advertising by Greg Meyers, SEM Geek
- NUDE: AdWords Keyword Data Exposed With Google Analytics! by James Zolman, Apollo SEM
- Google’s Policy on No follow and Reviews is Hypocritical and Wrong by Michael Gray, Graywolf
- Google Adds Paid Links Reporting by Michael Gray, Graywolf
- Web 2.0 & SEO: Must We Piss In Every Public Fountain? by Dan Thies, SEO Fast Start
- Why The SEO Folks Were Mad At You, Jason by Danny Sullivan, Search Engine Land
- SEOS: The Card Counters of the Internet by John Andrews
- Buzz Monitoring: 26 Free Tools You Must Have by Andy Beal, Marketing Pilgrim
- Own Your Google Reputation with these Ten Suggestions by Andy Beal, Gooruze
- Which Is Better For SEO: Shared or Dedicated IPs by Lisa Barone, Bruce Clay Blog
- When Choosing an eCommerce System, Remember the Search Engines by Bill Slawski, SEO by the Sea
The SEMMYs was conceived by Matt McGee of Small Business SEM who also enlisted a select number of judges to help narrow down the finalists. Now as to who wins in each category is up to you. You can vote by visiting each category and then selecting the “Vote Now In This category” link which will then take you to the actual voting site which is conducted by QuestionPro.
Did I mention that I covet your votes?