Mixx has added a new feature to help get stories that are considered “breaking” to the “Popular” page faster. The feature is called “Breaking News” and is only accessible to Super Mixxers. Breaking news stories can become popular just like any other story, but they gain additional visibility since the Breaking News category is visible on Mixx’s “Popular” page. As an additional check, one Super Mixxer is not enough — it takes two to Mixx a Breaking News story.
From the official Mixx Blog, here is how it works.
- Only Super Mixxers can tag a story as “Breaking.” If you haven’t achieved Super Mixxer status, just keep Mixxing: add great content, vote and comment—you’ll get there! (For more info, check out the
Super Mixxer FAQ.)
- It takes two to Mixx a Breaking News story. Two Super Mixxers, that is.
- Only a limited number of stories can be in the Breaking News category at any one time, and only for a limited time.
- Once a Breaking News story gets enough votes, it will move over to “Popular,” and to any other category with which it was tagged (entertainment, politics, science, etc.).
- Right now, only text stories can be marked as “Breaking,” but they are working on this capability for photos and videos.
One more highlight of this new feature – if there is breaking news on a day, the Mixxer who submitted in the highest vote-getting bit of breaking news will get a brand new award: the News Hound award. You can check the Mixx Lounge daily to see who the News Hound with the biggest scoop was!