Google has announced a new version of Google Earth in which they have completely rethought how you might interact with the 3D world. They’ve redesigned the navigation to make it much easier to fly from the heavens down to the streets of your town. And with all of the great user-created buildings in the 3D Warehouse, they have made it easy for you to get right up close to see the rich detail.
Here are some of the new features you will see.
- New navigation – They’ve improved the zoom control so you can swoop down from outer space to street level in a single seamless motion. And with the addition of the “look” joystick, you can look up at buildings or across a mountain range.
- More and Faster 3D buildings – It’s more fun to navigate through a lot of new 3D content. Besides adding thousands of buildings contributed by people around the world, they’ve added dozens of photo-textured cities and towns in the U.S. and elsewhere.
- Street View – The popular Google Maps feature makes its Google Earth debut.
- Sunlight Feature – Never seen the sunrise over the Alps? Now you can.
- New Languages – There are 12 new languages, including Danish, English (UK), Spanish (Latin American), Finnish, Hebrew, Indonesian, Norwegian, Portuguese (PT), Romanian, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish.
Full details can be found at the Lat Long Blog.