I should almost make this a weekly column as the fine folks at Mixx are always working to make their social news service better. Here are some of the latest updates, most of which are a result of feedback and suggestions from members.
- They have added a “Career” category in Business section.
- They have added a a “Google” category in Tech section. (this was very much needed)
- A “submit button” has been added on the Search Results page so you can submit directly from there after searching for duplicates.
- Improvements were made to the way Breaking News is presented. You can now see “Almost Breaking” news that one SuperMixxer has flagged as breaking, making it easier for news to break, and giving credit to the SuperMixxers who are flagging breaking news.
- A much better link to “Edit Your Mixx” has been added.
- They moved the “add everything” option on the “Add To YourMixx” widget to the bottom of the list.
- They moved the “Email This” link back to where it used to be on the story/photo/video pages.
And a couple of things they found on their own:
- On your profile, under your “voted for” tab, you now only see things you voted for that you didn’t submit.
- They cleaned up some problems with their story clustering feature related to groups.
- Fixed a bug causing votes within groups to be counted incorrectly.
Finally, Mixx introduces the Cook’s Corner. This can be found in the Kitchen section in the Mixx Footer. In the Cook’s Corner, you’ll see some links (more coming) to some experimental stuff Mixx engineers have cooked up in their spare time.