I’m sitting in my hotel room now at the Northwest Forest Conference Center which is located just outside Houston in Cypress, Texas. I will be live blogging the Small Business Marketing Unleashed Conference tomorrow and Tuesday, posting my notes on Search Engine Guide. The conference is being put on by Search Engine Guide and Small Business Brief and is the first of what they hope to be many conferences of this kind.
It has a different flare than the bigger shows such as Search Engine Strategies, Search Marketing Expo and even PubCon in that it caters specifically to small businesses. Additionally conference participants get much more personalized attention from some of the leaders in the search marketing industry.
I will be live blogging the following sessions:
- Building a Community – Wendy Piersall, Founder of Sparkplugging.com
- Paid Search Advertising – Christine Churchill, President of KeyRelevance
- Link Building - Debra O’Neil Mastaler, Owner of Alliance Link
- Local Search Workshop – Matt McGee, SEO Manager at Marchex
- Paid Search Workshop – Christine Churchill, President of KeyRelevance
- Usability and Conversion Workshop - Matt Bailey, Founder of Site Logic Marketing
I’ll most likely post a summary here on this blog after each session and then link to the bulk of each post which will be on the Search Engine Guide site. This small conference is also going to provide some great networking opportunities with a charity event tonight to benefit the Youth Development Center of Houston, Texas and then on Monday, Fiesta Unleashed! which will be a Mexican feast provided for every conference attendee.
I’m excited to be here and excited for Robert and Jennifer who have wanted to put a conference on like this for some time. I hope it is a success for everyone that is involved.