For the longest time I have wanted to participate in a local seminar in my own community of Phoenix Arizona on the subject of search engine marketing. Now that will be fulfilled in the inaugural event of the National Marketing Academy as they host the Phoenix Search Engine & Internet Marketing Workshop. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, June 18, 2008 from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm and will be held at the Sheraton Phoenix Airport.
The workshop will be divided into four segments – Introduction to Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, SEO Link Building & Website Publicity, and Paid Search & Local Markets. We will wrap everything up with 45 minutes of Site Reviews and Questions & Answers. I will be teaching the “Search Engine Optimization” segment which will pretty much cover everything from laying the foundation with keyword research to actually implementing and managing a SEO campaign. Along with myself, Arnie Kuenn, President of Vertical Measures, Brian Offenberger (RSS Ray), CEO of Biz Growth Search Engine Solutions and Jason Ferrara, COO of Elixir Interactive will be teaching.
Here are some more details from the event web site itself.
- Get ready for a jam-packed day. Our sessions will be fast paced and informative. Both a continental breakfast and lunch are included with your conference fee.
- This workshop will cover everything you need to know about “natural” or “organic” search engine optimization (SEO) as well as pay-per-click (PPC) marketing.
- You will learn the latest ins-and-outs of search engine marketing (SEM) from top experts.
- Provides a unique setting to network with fellow marketers and search engine industry professionals and discuss the trends in search engine marketing.
- Watch as we evaluate real websites live. Our experts will use all of the information and tactics learned throughout the day and apply them to detailed reviews of sites submitted in advance by the audience.
What You Will Learn:
- How search engines list Web sites for free and through paid placements.
- How to get free “organic” traffic by building a site that pleases search engines and your visitors.
- How to efficiently purchase listings guaranteed to rank your company at the top of search engine results.
- How to calculate the ROI of your search marketing efforts by tracking your visitors from the time they hit your site until they buy—and get tips on improving conversion if they don’t!
- How to build links that generate traffic to your Web site, and how to avoid the penalties of “spamming” the search engines.
- How to utilize social media marketing to drive more business.
- What’s coming next in the constantly evolving world of Web search.
What You Will Receive:
- All your meals: a continental breakfast and complete buffet lunch.
- A certificate of completion from the National Marketing Academy.
- A complete student kit including a binder with all presentations included.
- The Web Developer’s SEO Cheat Sheet.
- Exclusive offers from the event sponsors.
Cost for the full day conference is just $499 which includes access to all workshops, continental breakfast and lunch. If you register by June 11th and take advantage of the early bird rate of just $399. Space is limited so if you are in the Phoenix area and want to learn the ins and outs of search marketing from industry experts, make sure to reserve your spot. Hope to see you there!