With over 15,000 historic files in their archives and nearly 25 hours of fresh content added each week, WebmasterRadio.FM is the voice of the online advertising and B2B industries.
Recently, WebmasterRadio.FM (WMR) has made a few significant changes to their website and business model. In the process they have been able to vastly expand the number of tools used to communicate with and serve their audience, advertisers and supporters.
From the launch of a new podcast and webcast platform to the development of seven new radio shows, WMR is expanding the reach and relevancy of their network. The shift to a more versatile platform allows them to offer hosts and listeners a wider range of communication tools and has made their podcast and webcast distribution systems more robust.
Newly Developed Website and Distribution
If you visit the newly redesigned website, you can see some of the directions they are taking to make better use of the website and social media networks.
Some of the features include:
- Easier navigation for users
- Removal of the paid-subscription model, in other words…100% FREE again!
- New and archived content will now be freely available to listeners with older shows being added to the new database as quickly as they can upload them
- Specific show pages and show host biography pages
- Live Twitter-feeds (with permission of each show host) for communication during live-shows and promotion
- Link to Facebook fan pages
- Link to show hosts’ MySpace pages
- Link to show hosts’ personal or business blogs
- Top Commenter’s Section for those active listeners
WMR has also instituted new technical standards for their blog, RSS and iTunes feeds and upped the quality of live shows and pre-recordings. The goal is to grow audience base, provide more professional coverage of a wider array of topics and issues in the B2B & digital communications industries, and to present a more professional image of themselves and the digital marketing industry.
Here’s a short synopsis of programming changes:
Building the Network
Since January, WMR has introduced five new shows and has four others in development. The new programs and hosts are as follows:
- Fired Up! with Gordon Rudow of Bonfire Communications (Mondays at 1pm)
- Landing Page Optimization with Tim Ash of SiteTuners (Mondays at 2pm)
- Social Networking Now with Mark Brookes and Mark Lesnick of the Social Networking Conference and iDate (Wednesdays at 12noon)
- Mobile Presence with Cindy Krum of Rank Mobile, Jordan Kasteler of SearchandSocial, and Kim Dushinski of Mobile Marketing Profits (Wednesdays at 1pm)
- Office Hours with Vanessa Fox (Thursdays at 4pm)
Two previous programs rejoined WMRin January as well.
- The Shoemoney Show returned to WebmasterRadio.FM with host Jeremy Schoemaker (Thursdays at 5pm)
- SEO-101 returned with new hosts Jennifer Evans Laycock of Search Engine Guide and Ross Dunn of StepForth Web Marketing (Mondays at 5pm)
WMR has four new programs in development covering:
- Social media
- The economy of online business
- Search, PPC and Web analytics
- Career counseling