A new study released by KnowledgeStorm finds that blogs and RSS feeds are gaining momentum with business to business users. The survey was completed by more than 4,500 business and IT professionals around the world, representing a wide variety of job titles, vertical industries and company sizes. It aimed to explore how new forms of media such as podcasts and blogs are affecting content consumption and purchasing influence in the BTB marketplace. What was discovered?
- 80% claimed to be blog readers, with 51% of those reading blogs at least once a week.
- 53% say they read blogs weekly for business information while 57% read them for technology topics.
- As for referrals, 70% of respondents recommend or pass along content at least once a month.
- More than 53% said that the content they read in blogs affected their work-related purchasing decisions.
- Almost 50% said they commented or contributed to blogs they read at least monthly.
- 32% are seriously considering starting their own blogs.
- As for RSS feeds, 59% were “somewhat” to “very” familiar with RSS while 31% subscribed to RSS feeds or readers.
- 79% are accessing RSS feeds on specialized topics while only 36% are accessing blogs via RSS feeds.
Hat tip to DMNews.