Kalena Jordan has a new article at Search Engine College entitled “Top 10 AdSense Tricks To Boost Your Commission.” These types of articles always catch my eye because I just love AdSense. AdSense has allowed us and many other publishers to turn unprofitable sites into very profitable sites.
I don’t want to repeat the entire article here but merely provide a bullet point list of her top ten tricks of which you can then read the article in its entirety to gather all the information. Here they are.
- Color code your ads to match your web site palette exactly.
- Try not to use the traditional horizontal banner style or leaderboard image ads.
- Use Google’s AdSense optimization tips and visual heat map to assist you in deciding where on your page to place your code.
- Research competitive keywords or grab a list of the most popular keywords from various sources and use them in your web site pages where relevant.
- Incorporate the AdSense code into your page so that the ads look like a regular part of your site.
- Use Google’s new 4 and 5 link ad units wherever possible.
- Place arrows or images next to your ads to draw attention to them.
- Use the full allowance of multiple AdSense ads on each of your pages.
- Tailor your page content to a particular niche or focus.
- Use custom Ad Channels for each of your ad placements.
Thanks Kalena for these invaluable tips.