Aaron Wall has launched a new tool called, “The Website Health Check Tool.” The tool is designed to discover any major SEO related issues that your site may have including things like indexing, duplicate content, canonical URL issues and so on.
The tool queries Google to grab pages you have indexed in Google, and looks for issues amongst the first 1,000 results. Aaron points out that if your site is exceptionally large, you can use the date based filters to view a sample of recently indexed pages in Google to see if there are any duplication issues amongst those pages.
Here are some of the questions the tool answers:
- Is Google indexing your site? Are they quickly indexing your new pages?
- Do you have duplicate content pages getting indexed in Google?
- Do you have canonical URL issues?
- Are any of your pages in Google missing page titles?
- Does your server send correct error messages?
And some additional features they are looking to add:
- Allow you to search for not just a site, but a site and a keyword, like [seobook.com seo].
- Add indexed page counts from all major global search engines (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Ask).
- Allow webmasters to grab results from any of the above 4 engines, or mix and match.
- Make each data point we collect link to the source.
Aaron has even put together a video on how to use the tool and is looking for feedback as the tool is still in beta. It is a nice tool to look for some of the basic problems with one’s SEO strategy. Bets of all, its free!