Blogs exist on just about every variety of subject one can imagine. And more and more blogs come online each and every day. But what does it take to really have an active blog that people will subscribe to and come back again and again to read? It requires creativity. It requires dedication. Even more so, it requires an addiction to the act of blogging itself.
How about you? Are you a blog addict? Here are ten signs that may indicate that you have an addiction, my friend.
- Bloglines, Google Reader or some other RSS reader is constantly open on your computer’s desktop.
- You tell customers that you missed a project deadline because “some things” came up but in reality, you were blogging.
- You periodically dream that you are blogging.
- You get inspiration for new blog posts at the strangest times – in the Jacuzzi, sitting on the toilet, during marital activities (cough, cough)… you get the picture.
- Before blogs, you used to tuck the kids into bed at night. Now you check for unapproved blog comments before heading to bed yourself.
- In order for your family to keep up with what’s going on in your life, they have to read your blog. Furthermore, if they want to communicate with you, they have to comment on your blog.
- You have actually considered setting up a blog for your pet of which you would post the entries pretending you are your pet (weirdo).
- You can’t remember dates for your wedding anniversary, kids birthdays, etc., but you know what your Technorati rank is.
- You blog about anything and everything including bad meals, your pets, getting your car stuck in snow, conversations you have in the bathroom, etc.
- Keeping a blog is no longer enough but you now have to record your every move on Twitter.
ok… 9 out of 10 (I havent done #7) … i’m soooo sad, aren’t I?
Oh no! When did I go from blogging for fun to full-fledged addiction? ACK!
… great list. 🙂
#7 is weird, the blog you linked does not write it as the cat itself..it seems more about the cat. As weird as that is, it’s still better then 3/4ths of the blogs out there that just write stupid uneducated political comments.
I’m definitely addicting to reading blogs and trying to stay up on the latest with those blogs that I follow. I also can relate to thinking about what would make a great blog or blog post while doing normal everyday activities. Good post!
Hilarious. I will definitely summarise the ones I am like on my blog and mention that there is more and source your site.
I will admit to doing 1,4,6,and 8.
Tried Twitter though and I just don’t see it adding value to my life outside of a using it as a link blog.
Great post. Didn’t like the typekey thing though
I have actually written about being a Blue-Blooded Blogger myself.
I even created a BBB badge that others use now on their blogs.
When I read the title of your post I said to myself that I am clearly not a blog addict, but after reading the 10 signs, I realized that… I am a real blog addict. Maybe I should try to quit.
I am not addicted of blog but i was addicted of alcohol for 14 years and now i am sober.I write about addiction and my real stories to help people not to be addicted of anything.
Tried Twitter though and I just don’t see it adding value to my life outside.. also can relate to thinking about what would make a great blog or blog post while doing normal everyday activities. bye the way.. Good post.
It’s still better then 3/4ths of the blogs out there that just write stupid uneducated political comments such as “i am not addicted of blog but i was addicted of alcohol for 14 years and now i am sober” or “tried Twitter though and I just don’t see it adding value to my life outside of a using it.”