Blogs exist on just about every variety of subject one can imagine. And more and more blogs come online each and every day. But what does it take to really have an active blog that people will subscribe to and come back again and again to read?
It requires creativity. It requires dedication. Even more so, it requires an addiction to the act of blogging itself.
How about you? Are you a blog addict? Here are ten signs that may indicate that you have an addiction, my friend.
1. Bloglines, Google Reader or some other RSS reader is constantly open on your computer’s desktop.
2. You tell customers that you missed a project deadline because “some things” came up but in reality, you were blogging.
3. You periodically dream that you are blogging.
4. You get inspiration for new blog posts at the strangest times – in the Jacuzzi, sitting on the toilet, during marital activities (cough, cough)… you get the picture.
5. Before blogs, you used to tuck the kids into bed at night. Now you check for unapproved blog comments before heading to bed yourself.
6. In order for your family to keep up with what’s going on in your life, they have to read your blog. Furthermore, if they want to communicate with you, they have to comment on your blog.
7. You have actually considered setting up a blog for your pet of which you would post the entries pretending you are your pet (weirdo).
8. You can’t remember dates for your wedding anniversary, kids birthdays, etc., but you know what your Technorati rank is.
10. Keeping a blog is no longer enough but you now have to record your every move on Twitter.