Infographics have been around for some time now. If you are an online marketer, you have no doubt seen them, possibly even used them in your content marketing strategies. Unfortunately, many today are attempting to capitalize on the success of infographics and infographic marketing, but they sacrifice the quality of the infographics they are producing. The result is an over-saturation of low quality infographics.
This is where a well-designed, resourceful infographic can stand out from all the others. But how does one go about creating an infographic that is going to get the attention of many and result in a positive ROI? In the following infographic, InfoGraphic Design Team looks at 5 important things to always in your infographic. I have also included the textual version below the infographic itself.
[Click image for full size version]
5 Things That You Should Always Include in Your Infographic
Below are the crucial things that you should include in your infographic that will help you to boost your brand.
1. Stunning Graphics
People expect good visuals when they are looking at an infographic. Use colors that attract people such as blue, purple, red, and other colors that draw the eye to your message. The placement of the various graphics is important too.
2. Valued Information
- It should be a topic that is valued
- It should be valued by your primary audience
- To get an idea, you may read customer inquiry emails and study what they have said about your brand on social media
3. Relevant and Current Data
If you have old data that is no longer relevant, this could reflect negatively on your brand or your message. Focus on creating important information that will resonate with your viewers.
4. Good Organization
- Without organization, you may have the fanciest graphics and colors, but people will see it as chaotic
- They will have trouble understanding what your focus is
- They may miss out on the central message that you are trying to deliver
- Work your main concept into your design
- Your design should be attractive and should increase the interest in your message
- Most importantly, define your concept and then work your design around your concept
Entrepreneur Magazine, one of the celebrated publications in the sphere of entrepreneurship and business, suggests that the most important elements of an infographic design are: