I got tagged so I guess I’m it. I’m referring to a blog tagging game originally started by Jeff Pulver, and archived for the SEO/SEM world at The Blog Tag Tree. The game requires that bloggers share five things about themselves that relatively few people know. Li Evans tagged me so I guess I’ll play. Here are five things that you may or may not know about me.
1. Before I became a search marketer, I was a forklift operator at a large auto parts warehouse. That’s right, no formal training. In fact I barely had six months of computer experience before I started my own business designing web sites which quickly led me down the search marketing path. That was almost ten years ago.
2. I am a singer and musician. Singing is my strong point but I also play acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar and am a novice drummer. While I enjoy a variety of music styles, I am most active each week as part of the worship team at my church. Besides my Shure microphone, I own two Taylor acoustic guitars, one being a 310CE and the other a 510CE, a Fender telecaster electric guitar that has been tricked out by my guitar tech and an Ibanez electric bass.
3. I am a Disneyland nut. Every since my first trip to the original theme park in 1977, I’ve been fascinated by the park. I have been seven times since and have even visited the park at least once a year every year since 2003. I’ll be going again next year as soon as they finish the revamped Submarine Ride with the Finding Nemo theme. Besides attending the park I love studying its history and behind the scenes facts. Funny thing is even though I know so much about Disneyland, I have never been to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Aaah, one day!
4. I am a roller coaster enthusiast. I have a good friend who writes for Park World magazine and every year schedules a tour of several parks. During these trips we are riding new roller coasters or interviewing people behind the scenes. We get the whole media treatment including comps to the parks, front of line passes to rides and behind the scenes tours. My current count is 88 individual roller coasters. We are planning a trip to the New England area this summer in which I hope to pass the 100 mark. Should be no problem as we will be visiting 5 parks in the area.
5. I am a classic car enthusiast. I love old cars and hope to have a decent collection one day. I started just last year when I “accidentally” purchased a 1967 Ford Mustang. It was accidental because I didn’t mean to buy it. The guy selling it had it on eBay with a starting bid of $10,000 and no reserve. I was watching the auction because we were in the process of buying an old Mustang for my son. We finally decided on a 1968 Mustang for him and went to pick it up on the same day the auction for the 67 was ending. Upon returning with the 68, there was just 30 seconds left on the auction for the 67 and no bids! I though it would be fun to at least throw a minimum bid in. I was sure others would come in after me and bid more towards what the car was really worth ($21,000). No one ever did. I stole the car from the guy for $10,000! I was going to sell if after Christmas last year and make a small profit but what can I say, I fell in love. She’s now part of the family.
There you go. Now I’m supposed to tag five others so here they are: Ian McAnerin, Jill Whalen, James Chris Edwards (Old Welsh Guy), Elisabeth Osmeloski and Rob Kerry (evilgreenmonkey). Tag, you’re it!