One of the ultimate goals in eCommerce is to attract online shoppers who are interested in what you have to offer. Getting them there is half the battle. The second half is converting these shoppers into paying customers. The way eCommerce product pages are laid out can play a huge role on whether potential shoppers will become paying shoppers. Poorly designed product pages, lack of features that will enhance the shopping experience of your visitors, can kill the sale and even worse, push shoppers off to a competing site.
In the following infographic, PNC Solutions has put together several stats and tips that are designed to help you create high converting eCommerce product pages. The text version of the infographic is below the image.
How To Create High Converting E-Commerce Product Pages
Enhance the Visual Impact
High Resolution Images
- 67% of online buyers judge product quality from images
- Images of real people get 35% higher response than stock images
Dynamic 360 Degrees View of the Product
- 360-degree images with zoom feature can increase conversions by 27%
- The lower number of images in a spin will improve the load time and page speed
Engaging Product Videos
- Visitors who watch a video are 144% more likely to add the product to their shopping cart
- 64% of customers make a purchase after watching a video
- Product videos decrease returns by 25%
- YouTube is regarded as the #1 destination for finding product or brand related videos.
- Self-hosted videos have longer load time as compared to embedded videos
- 85% of buyers look for trust badges and security seals before buying
- 17% of people abandon carts due to payment security concerns
Be Upfront About Shipping Costs
- Unexpected costs are the #1 reason for cart abandonment
- 76% of consumers prefer vendors who offer free shipping
Increase Average Order Value (AOV)
- Bulk discounts increase the AVO by 18.94%
- The Twix Effect* increases AOV by 10% to 30%
- 40% of online customers will buy more to pass the free shipping threshold
* The ‘Twix Effect’ – Grocery stores strategically place candies and chocolate bars close to the counter. Customers often put these low-cost items in the cart without much thought. This impulse purchase increases the Average Order Value (AOV) for the store.
A Cleaner Landing Page With Visible CTA
- 20% increase in conversion can be achieved through better CTA placement. Contrasting colors and white space can make your CTA stand out.
- 64% of online buyers will buy only if the product is on sale
- Holiday discounts affect the buying decision for 70% of online buyers
Include Reviews and Testimonials
- 90% of people who recall reading online reviews claim that reading positive online reviews influenced their buying decisions
- 85% said that they read almost 10 reviews before they feel like they can trust a business
Communicate Through Live Chats
- 30% of customers regard live chat as an essential e-commerce feature
- 42% of customers prefer live chat for digital contact due to its immediacy
- 10% increase in AVO is reported for customers who engage in chat before buying
Finalize With A/B Testing
- Run several testing scenarios to make sure your landing pages are tailored for conversions. A/B can increase conversions by 78%