Friend and fellow peer, Ann Smarty, has put together a new post entitled “The State of Link Building Industry 2023” which is the results of a survey conducted among SEOs with at 10 or more years of experience in the field. It includes a nifty infographic, which is why I’m reposting here.
The main highlights from the study are as follows:
- Guest blogging is going strong as one of the most popular link building tactics
- Most SEOs still believe links are a powerful ranking factor but the majority no longer think they are the strongest factor.
- Most SEOs still see the correlations between new solid links and better rankings.
- Creating linkable content is becoming a priority, especially for bigger brands and agencies.
- Traditional PR seems to be coming back as one of the most popular tactics as more brands are willing to invest in it.
You can read the post in it’s entirely here and the infographic is republished below.
[Click image for full size version]